For Normal to Dry Hair
- Certified Fair Trade Coconut
- Provides Vitamins & Minerals to Hair
- Long-Lasting Moisture & Shine
Handcrafted & Unrefined
Certified Fair Trade virgin coconut oil hydrates hair and scalp, absorbing rapidly to provide long-lasting weightless moisture and shine. Coconut water provides vitamins, minerals and amino acids while African ginger stimulates the scalp for healthy looking and feeling hair.
Gender Equality & Community Empowerment
While poverty and gender inequality issues seem overwhelming on the African continent, we believe through fair trade of our indigenous African resources and knowledge, our communities can rise from poverty and become self-sufficient without relying on outside aid. We pay fair wages to members of our certified fair trade coconut cooperative in Klouvi-Donnou, Togo, and we use the funds from this and other Alaffia products to conduct our community empowerment projects, including:
- Bicycles for Education: Since 2006, Alaffia has distributed over 4,500 bicycles to disadvantaged students in Togo to encourage them to stay and succeed in school.
- Maternal Health Care: This year, Alaffia will fund prenatal care for 1,000 mothers to help reduce the high maternal death rate in Togo.
- Restoration & Environment: Alaffia plants 10,000 trees each year with rural farmers to prevent soil erosion and prepare for the unpredictable effects of climate change.
Certified Fair Trade
Our coconut oil and all Alaffia locations, including our cooperatives in Togo and our facility in Olympia, WA, are all Certified Fair Trade by IMO.
Paraben free. No animal testing. No synthetic fragrance. Gluten free.
Made in USA
Ingredient Note: *Certified Fair for Life - Social and Fair Trade by IMO.