- With Comforting Oatmilk & Calendula
- Phthalate Free
- Paraben Free
- Worry Free
Babo™ Botanicals is an all natural line for babies, kids or adults with sensitive skin. The moisturizing line with oat and calendula was formulated specifically for newborn's delicate skin to help prevent eczema and dry skin. Each product features a proprietary certified organic blend of watercress, chamomile, calendula and kudzu which is packed with anti-inflammatories and anti-oxidants. The shampoo, lotion, bubble bath and diaper cream all work as a wonderful system to prevent cradle cap, eczema and rashes.
What is Eczema?
Atopic eczema is an increasingly common skin problem that leads to extreme dryness, itchiness and skin discomfort. Caused by genetic and environmental factors, it often appears at the age of 3 months then improves after a few years.
What Causes Eczema?
It can be both genetic and environmental. The skin is typically deficient in lipids (natural oil), a fatty substance that puts a protective skin barrier (lipid bilayer). Without this natural barrier, skin can be more vulnerable and sensitive to the environment. Atopic dermatitis is more likely to occur among children with allergies, such as asthma, allergic rhinitis and food allergies. But it has been reported that about 30% of young babies are affected by eczema.
What Are the Symptoms?
- The Major Symptom is Extremely Dry Skin
- It is Also Rough & Has Small, Flaky Patches
- Red, Dry & Rough Patches Appear Regularly or Periodically, Especially on the Face, in Skin Folds (Neck, Elbow, Back of Knees) & on the Extremities (Hands, Wrists, Ankles)
- The Skin is Very Itchy, Sometimes to the Point to Disrupting Sleep
How Do You Treat Eczema?
Many doctors would prescribe cortisone based products. We believe in a more natural and holistic approach and would recommend first to try a different bathing option and explore some diet changes. If such changes do not help, then see your doctor.
- Regularly cut your baby's nails short to avoid scratching.
- Use sulfate free and fragrance free products. All these ingredients can disrupt the lipid barrier!
- Prefer products that are free of nuts, dairy or gluten. They can cause allergic reactions.
- Do not wear flannel as this can irritate skin.
- Use 100% cotton clothing.
- Moisturize baby with an all natural product that does not contain mineral oil, fragrance, dairy, nuts or gluten.
- For diaper-changing or washing your baby use a product that does not contain mineral oil, fragrance, dairy, nuts or gluten.
- Use an all natural detergent and avoid fabric softeners.
- Collodial Oat and Calendula are known to relieve eczema ... naturally.
Humidify rooms and avoid overheating them (no higher than 19 to 20°C).
Your baby may have gluten, dairy or nut sensitivity so you should try to eliminate them (even if breast feeding). Also, eradicate sea food from breast feeding.
Made in USA