#1 Trusted Breathalyzer
- Crisp 4 digit LCD display provides easy, accurate test results in extended accuracy format: 0.015, 0.081, 0.223 %BAC, etc.
- One button operation - press power and begin testing in seconds.
- Mouthpieces are individually wrapped for safe storage prior to first use. Six are included with the kit.
- Xtend™ Fuel Cell Sensor Technology - provides enhanced linear accuracy from 0.000 - 0.4000 and extended battery life.
- Advanced features include continuous temperature checking, user-adjustable warning levels, and internal pump system for breath capture.
Tested and approved by the DOT/NHTSA as a breath alcohol screener, and FDA 510(k) cleared for personal use. The BACtrack® S80 is a professional breathalyzer that quickly estimates blood alcohol content (BAC). The S80 is the perfect choice for law enforcement, hospitals, clinics, businesses, and for personal use anytime fuel cell accuracy is required. The advantages of the S80-s Xtend Fuel Cell Technology are numerous. First, the S80 provides 4 digit test results that can pickup trace amounts of alcohol, for example, 0.002 %BAC. This is helpful in zero-tolerance environments where subjects may have had only a small amount of alcohol. Next, the Xtend fuel cell technology extends the range of accuracy all the way from 0.000 - 0.400. Because the S80 shows a linear response to measured alcohol, the S80 will provide more accurate results over the complete range of alcohol concentrations. The benefit of the S80-s Xtend technology also applies to the life of the sensor. The S80 has an extended sensor life as compared to standard semiconductor-based breathalyzers, and will require less frequent service and maintenance. Finally, the Xtend technology also extends the useable battery life up to 1500 tests per set of AA batteries!
The S80-s Xtend sensor technology is unlike any other available, and is worth the upgrade. Don't purchase a novelty breathalyzer that may not provide trusted results. Go with what the Pros use. The BACtrack Select S80 has been tested by the DOT/NHTSA and meets their requirements for a breath alcohol screening device. The S80 is also FDA 510(k) cleared for personal use.
Xtend™ Fuel Cell Sensor Technology
The BACtrack Select S80 uses Xtend™ Fuel Cell Sensor Technology for increased accuracy over traditional semi-conductor sensors. This technology offers the following benefits:
- Linear response of the Xtend fuel cell provides more accurate results over the complete range of alcohol concentrations expected in the breath, from 0.000 - 0.400 %BAC.
- Low power requirements. Get up to 1500 tests on one set of AA batteries!
- Extended sensor life for long-term reliability.
The BACTRACK Select S80 is also not subject to interference from acetone. Acetone may be found in individuals with diabetes. The presence of acetone may result in a false positive on semi-conductor-based breathalyzers, but not with the S80.