Comparing Varieties of Lotions
One way to shop for a new body lotion is to focus on products of one particular variety. Moisturizers for the body
are offered in lotion, balm, cream, butter and oil formulations. If you want a product that is simple to apply and capable of effectively hydrating your skin, a basic body lotion is an ideal choice because it contains a moderate amount of oil and is easily absorbed by the skin. For a little more hydration and added softening benefits, you can pick a slightly heavier body cream.
To seal moisture into the skin to fight dryness, choose a body butter, which contains waxes that remain on the surface of skin after application. Balms can address skin care concerns while also adding moisture, and thicker body oils are a great choice for very dry skin and for dealing with rough patches.
Shopping for Lotions by Skin Care Need
Another way to shop for body lotions is to look for products that can help you address a skin care problem or concern.
back to top »
- You can purchase body lotions with ingredients that promote firmer skin to reduce sagging or to minimize cellulite.
- Specialty body moisturizers are available to reduce the prominence of various imperfections, such as scars and stretch marks.
- Therapeutic products are offered to ease inflammation, itching and other symptoms of severely dry skin and chronic conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- To enhance the overall appearance of your skin while you hydrate, you can use a product with self-tanning ingredients or one that leaves behind a luminous, shimmering finish.
- In addition to all-over body lotions, there are products made specifically for the hands and feet available from top brands.