welcome: sign in|account|help
2 Sites 1 Bag
0 items $0.00checkout



narrow by

Natural Nail Polish

 –  Whether you follow a green lifestyle, have sensitive skin, or are always looking for new beauty options; natural makeup products, including nail polish, might interest you. Natural nail polish features natural ingredients sometimes in combination with synthetic ingredients to create healthy and colorful looking nails. These water-based formulas make a quick polish change simple and gentle on even sensitive skin types. drugstore.com offers natural polishes in many shades.
read more about natural nail polish »  |  resource library for nails »
items per page
items per page

Why Go Natural?

Natural products are ideal for individuals who adhere to a green lifestyle. Choosing sustainable and resourceful products is possible whether you are selecting cleaning products for your home, foods for your kitchen, or personal care products for your beauty routine. Natural products, when possible, use ingredients that come from the earth. If a sustainable and green lifestyle is important to you, green and natural products can be an appreciated addition to your beauty and personal care routine. Even more, these products can benefit individuals with sensitive skin that reacts easily to common chemicals. In many cases, natural products can offer a gentler solution for these hyper-reactive skin types.

Natural vs. Organic

Finding natural personal care products might seem confusing. Some products might state natural on the label, while others are identified as organic. Personal care products identified as natural use some ingredients that are sourced naturally. Often, natural makeup products incorporate botanicals, or plant-derived ingredients, such as chamomile, aloe, lavender, or rosemary. However, these products may also contain synthetic ingredients and chemicals to complete the formulas.

Organic products, on the other hand, have strict labeling. Seventy-five to 100% of organic product ingredients are natural. While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not established a definition of organic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's National Organic Program (NOP) offers guidance on the identification of organic beauty care products.

In short, beauty products labeled as organic must consist of agricultural ingredients and meet the NOP standards for organic production, handling, processing, and labeling. The organic label means the product contains at least 95% of organically produced ingredients. The remaining 5% of ingredients must include nonagricultural ingredients approved on the NOP's National List. Two other organic labels are available for beauty products. Those formulas labeled "made with organic ingredients" use at least 70% organic ingredients. Other products are labeled 100% organic, which means they use only organically produced ingredients, excluding soil and water.

Nail Polish the Natural Way

Natural and organic products can help you tackle even the simplest of beauty tasks, including a basic manicure or pedicure. Many of these products feature non-toxic formulas, making them potentially more appropriate for children. Many offer odorless solutions, which can be a pleasant surprise when enjoying a manicure or pedicure. Natural nail polishes come in a variety of intense colors, from rich reds to pale pinks and bold blues. Many of these polishes are fast drying, which allows for an efficient manicure or pedicure. Even more, many of these formulas are water based. Removal of natural nail polish is simple--in fact, some polishes can be peeled off the nails, thereby eliminating the need for nail polish remover entirely.

back to top »  |  resource library for nails »
related products
Suncoat Girl Natural Nail Beauty Kit, Ballerina Beauty 
This Suncoat Girl Nail Polish Kit Contains: 2 – Water ...
Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish, Play Koi 
Get ready for the shiniest nails ever! Daily defense from ...
Cutex Nail Polish Remover No Spill Pump, Non-Acetone 
No Spills. No Mess. Less Odor. Just Press. New improved ...