The 302 phone was introduced in 1937 & was the first in the collection to incorporate the bell in the base of the unit. Designed by Henry Dreyfuss & originally cast in metal, this piece was later produced using a heavy-duty plastic housing. The retro-style appearance is combined with a rugged construction earning it the nickname 'The Cow's Hoof' because of its lipped hoof-style base. This early desk version served as the standard for the better part of the World War II while telephone design efforts were halted due to defense work.
Please Note: This item has been built to U.S. electronics specifications and may need additional modifications or converters to be used in countries other than the U.S. and Canada.