Same (Specific Area Message Encoding) The Motorola Talkabout® T9680RSAME is a hazard alert weather radio that combines local area emergency alerts with the power of 2-way communication. The Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) technology allows you to filter out unnecessary distant weather and non-weather broadcasts and, instead, monitors only your local area! The T9680RSAME radio displays a three letter code for the type of emergency, and a voice message plays when an alert is broadcast.
Features and Benefits:
- NOAA WEATHER CHANNEL Want to know where the best conditions are for your rock climbing outing? Tune into one of 7 NOAA channels (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) on your T9680RSAME for continuous local and regional weather broadcasting. And when you are out having fun, weather alerts will provide you with warnings of incoming weather to protect you from the dangers of a sudden storm.
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS Whether you are an outdoor enthusiast or just making sure you and your family are informed, you will have 24/7 access to alerts ranging from flash floods to tornado warnings to national emergencies. Use the radio feature to team up with someone in your neighborhood to check on each other in case of emergencies. The T9680RSAME provides the ideal combination for those who want real time accurate weather monitoring capabilities and the ability to communicate in case of emergencies.
- DUAL POWER Are you running out of battery power and with no power outlet around to recharge the batteries? Just pop in 3 AA batteries and your unit is operating again for another 27 hours of estimated talk time.
- SILENT SIGNALS The VibraCall silent vibrating ringer is especially useful forlocations where ringing can be intrusive. This feature is also great when noise from a sporting event would drown out your ring tone.
- T9680RSAME Includes:
- 2 radios
- 1 dual drop-in charger
- 1 charging adapter
- 2 NiMH rechargeable battery packs
- 2 belt clips.
- Available in khaki.
*How far can I expect my radios to communicate? The communication range quoted is calculated under optimum conditions, with an unobstructed line of sight. Actual range will vary depending on terrain and conditions, and is often less than the maximum possible. Your actual range will be limited by several factors including, but not limited to, terrain, weather conditions, electromagnetic interference and obstructions.
***To receive SAME alert messages for a specific location, you must program your county, parish, city area, or marine zone location code into the radio.
**NOAA radio service may not be available in all areas. Check with your local weather office for frequency and details, or visit weather.gov/nwr or msc.ec.gc.ca/msb/weatheradio