Whole Food Enhanced Multivitamin for Mom and Baby
- 1,000 mcg of folic acid to support healthy fetal development*
- 600mg of bone-strengthening calcium
- Clinically studied iron shown to be easy on the stomach
- Fruits & vegetable blend with ginger to support digestion and comfort the stomach*
GNC Ultra Mega® Green Prenatal is a premium whole food enhanced multivitamin for pregnant and nursing women that combines essential nutrients with whole food ingredients. Pregnancy is a special time in a woman's life. Not only do you need to meet your individual nutritional needs , but you must meet the nutritional needs of your baby as well. Maternal nutrition before and during pregnancy affects both your well-being and your infant's growth. As your baby develops through the early stages of life, your nutritional needs will also increase. After delivery, you need an adequate diet rich in essential nutrients to support nursing and replace depleted nutrient stores. This delicately blended multivitamin offers supplemental nutritional support for both you and your baby before, during and after delivery.
- Nutritional Support - Supplies a balanced nutritional blend combining vitamins and minerals with 350 mg of a new premium fruit and vegetables blend for antioxidant support to a supplement a healthy diet. Emerging research suggests that including green foods as a part of a healthy nutritional plan can have a variety of health enhancing effects and can help support overall wellness. This nutrient-dense multivitamin formula containing blends made with whole foods also includes ginger and peppermint, traditionally used to soothe the stomach and support digestion.*
- Folic Acid
Provides 1,000 mcg of folic acid, critical during the earliest weeks of pregnancy with a baby's organs are forming.* Adequate intake of folic acid in a healthy diet before and in early pregnancy may reduce the risk of birth defects of the brain and spinal cord.
- Calcium & Bone Health
Feature 600 mg of bone-strengthening calcium which is vital during pregnancy, especially during the third trimester when fetal bones begin to calcify. If a mother's calcium level drops, her body can pull calcium from her bones resulting in loss of bone density. Also includes 400 IU of vitamin D-3 to enhance calcium absorption .*
- Gentlesorb Iron
Contains 18 mg of clinically studied Gentlesorb Iron shown to be gentle on the stomach. Iron is necessary to support placental and fetal needs and a mother's increased blood volume.*
Detailed Supplement Information (Refer to Supplement Facts)
Fruit & Vegetable Blend
Tomato Fruit Powder (Lycopersicon esculentum), Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera), Pomegranate Fruit Extract (Punica granatum), Orange Peel & Pulp Powder (Citrus sinensis) Ginger Root Powder (Zingiber officinale) Spinach Leaf Powder (Spinacia oleracea), Blueberry Fruit Powder (Vaccinium corymbosum) Cranberry Juice Powder (Vaccinium macrocarpon), Peppermint Leaf Powder (Mentha x piperita) Broccoli Floret Extract (Brassica oleracea)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.