Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers should not use this drug for chicken pox or flu symptoms before a doctor is asked about Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness reported to be associated with aspirin.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen and aspirin or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen and aspirin may cause liver damage and stomach bleeding.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other product containing acetaminophen
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- a bleeding problem
- stomach problems that last or come back such as heartburn, upset stomach or pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for
- anticoagulation (blood thinning)
When using this product
- do not take more than directed
- limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and occasionally, rapid heartbeat. The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- new symptoms occur
- fever lasts more than 3 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice and signs or symptoms.