#1 Choice of Physicians*
- Quiet Care™ System: Up to 30% Quieter Than Other Air Cleaner Models of Similar Performance
- True HEPA Filter: HEPA Media is At Least 99.97%*** Effective at Capturing Airborne Particles as Small as 0.3 Microns That Pass Through the Filter, Such as: Pollen, Household Dust, Tobacco Smoke, Cat Dander & Mold Spores
- Intelli-Check™: Electronic Filter Change Indicators
- 6 Air Changes per Hour in a 3.7 m x 4.3 m (12' x 14') Room
- CADR Ratings: 130 for Smoke, 130 for Dust & 130 for Pollen
- Room Size: Up to 200 sq ft
What Makes Honeywell's QuietCare™ Air Cleaner So Quiet?
- Sound Reducing Insulation
- Patented Air Cleaner Technology
- Specially Designed Blade for Maximum Airflow & Minimum Noise
- Specially Designed Air Intake & Exhaust Grilles
- Rubber Isolated Motor Mount
- Soft Cushioned Feet
How Quiet is Honeywell's QuietCare™ HEPA Air Cleaner?
The Honeywell QuietCare™ HEPA Air Cleaner has been specially engineered to provide ultra quiet high speed operation. Independent testing shows that the QuietCare™ HEPA Air Cleaner is quieter on high than other HEPA and Non-HEPA air cleaners of similar performance. On higher speeds, air cleaners circulate more air through the filter, which may provide improved performance in all room sizes.
How Can You Measure Sound?
Sound can be measured in Sones. Sones take into account a sound's loudness (measured in decibels) and its frequency (how high or low it sounds) as perceived by the human ear. This is important because the human ear hears sound differently than do sound measuring devices, as certain frequencies of sound are more pleasant for us to hear than others. Using Sones, it is easy to compare how loud an appliance is against another — a Sone of 10 is half as loud as a Sone of 20.
The American National Standards Institute standard, ANSI-S12.31-1990 is most suitable for measuring the sound of small appliances.
Recommended by Physicians
Removing irritating airborne particulates and allergens may help reduce allergic reactions of people suffering from some types of allergies, asthma, hay fever, sinusitis, and other respiratory problems ... conditions that affect hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Many physicians recommend air cleaners as part of an overall treatment program for their patients.
Airborne particulates are generated continually by many common household sources. Honeywell HEPA Air Cleaners are effective in helping to reduce some irritating airborne particulates, allergens, and pollutants from air that passes through its filters.
Indoor air must be constantly recirculated by an air cleaner in order for it to effectively help reduce concentrations of airborne particulate contamination. For air cleaners of equivalent filter effectiveness, a higher Air Change per Hour (ACH) rating helps improve air quality more quickly. Use the chart to find the room size recommendation for this model.
Room Size (8' ceiling)
Air changes per Hour (ACH)
10' x 12'
10' x 14'
12' x 14'
12' x 16'
Product Specifications & Benefits:
Advanced Airflow System
- Ultra Quiet High Speed Operation for Maximum Performance
- Patented Air Cleaner Technology
- Releases Filtered Air Upwards into the Room Where You Breathe It
True HEPA Filter
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Filter Helps Capture Some Airborne Particles & Allergens That Pass Through It
- SurroundSeal™ HEPA Filter Technology Helps Prevent Unfiltered Air from Leaking Around HEPA Filter
- Large Filter Area for Long Filter Life & Low Maintenance
- Replace Every 1 - 3 Years, Depending on Use
Activated Carbon Pre-Filter
- Helps Reduce Some Household Odors
- Helps Capture Large Particles, Protecting the HEPA Filter Life
- Replace Every 3 Months, Depending on Use
Intelli-Check™ Electronic Filter Change Indicators
- Checks Pre-Filter & HEPA Filter Usage
- Indicates Time to Replace Filters
Easy to Use
- Electronic 3-Speed Controls with Power Lights
- Convenient Filter Access for Easy Replacement
- Convenient Carrying Handle
High Velocity Air Flow
- Provides Honeywell's Minimum Recommendation of 6 Air Changes per Hour in a 12' x 14' Room
- Higher Air Changes per Hour Helps Improve Performance in All Room Sizes
- Activated Carbon Pre-filter, Model No. 32002
- HEPA Filter, Model No. 20500
Physicians Recommend Honeywell Enviracaire® HEPA Air Cleaners
+Of Physicians surveyed who recommend portable room air cleaners to their patients who suffer from allergies or asthma due to air pollution: 93% of Physicians surveyed consider HEPA filtration to be extremely or very effective. 82% of Physicians surveyed prescribe or recommend Honeywell or enviracaire® portable room air cleaners.
American Lung Association® Partners in Air Quality Education
Honeywell and the American Lung Association® are partners in the national program to educate the public about the hazards of poor indoor air quality and ways to protect their lung health. The enclosed information is from the ALA and is part of our educational efforts. For further information from the ALA, call 1-800-LUNG-USA.
+National Market Research Survey; "Portable Room Air Cleaners Physician Preference Study', Riter Research Inc., 1998. Physicians were selected at random from the American Academy of Allergy and Immunology. Survey data available upon request.
AHAM Certification Program
This information is provided to assist consumers in comparing room air cleaners. These values represent performance that can be expected within the first 72 hours of operation. Subsequent performance may vary with use.
This air cleaner is suggested for use in a single closed room up to 196 square feet.
Room size ratings assume an 8' ceiling and conform to the AHAM Certification Program criteria of 80% tobacco smoke reduction. Higher Clean Air Delivery Rates (CADRs) provide improved performance in all room sizes. Portable air cleaners will be much more effective in rooms where all doors and windows are closed.
Certified Rating: Clean Air Delivery Rate: Dust 130, Tobacco Smoke 130, Pollen 130. Manufacturer Certified to Association Of Home Appliance Manufacturers ANS/AHAM AC - 1 - 1998®.
Made in the USA from U.S. & Foreign components.
*Riter Research Inc. "Portable Room Air Cleaners Physician Preference Study". Based on Sones Comparison; of models listed in 10/97 AHAM Room Air Cleaner Directory [+/-5 CADR Range].
**Air Cleaner performance based on October 1997 AHAM Room Air Cleaner Directory, within a 10 CADR range.
***Overall particle reduction depends on many factors including the amount of air processed, the pollutant type and the pollutants' introduction rate into the environment.
Please Note: This item has been built to U.S. electronics specifications and may need additional modifications or converters to be used in countries other than the U.S. and Canada.