For Dietary Management of children and adults (3 years and older) with documented Maple Syrup Urine Disease or the inborn errors of Branched Chain Amino Acid Metabolism
BCAD 2 is a dietary powder that is free of the branched chain amino acids, isoleucine, leucine, and valine, for children and adults with maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) or other inborn errors of branched chain amino acid metabolism.
The product provides the essential amino acids (except isoleucine, leucine, and valine) as well as nonessential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. BCAD refers to branched chain amino acid disorder. Use under direct and continuing supervision of a doctor.
- Isoleucine-, leucine-, valine-free
- 24 g protein equivalents/100 g powder
- Higher level of protein equivalents than found in BCAD 1
- Vanilla scent
- Can be easily modified with preferred flavor enhancers
- Mixes easily and stays in suspension well
- Vitamin and mineral levels appropriate for children and adults
* Product nutrient values and ingredients are subject to change. Please see product label for current information.
** Protein is incomplete since it does not contain the essential amino acids isoleucine, leucine, and valine.