Organic Black Tea | Nourish & Energize
Emperor's Puerh. Bold, Rich & Malty
Full Leaf Tea Bags
- wild crafted
- ancient healer
- leaves of vitality
Why so tasty? Numi's Emperor's Puerh is picked from wild harvested, organic tea trees that are 500 years old, deeply rooted in China's majestic Yunnan Mountains. Hand-picked broad leaves are fermented into black tea then ripened, resulting in an earthy aroma and dark sienna hue. Puerh boasts a bold body, smooth and slightly sweet with hints of malt. This rich, energizing tea is deeply satisfying as a coffee alternative. Numi is proud to reveal the centuries old tradition of Puerh - a highly effective healing tea.
Why so Wise? Puerh's ancient history dates over 2,000 years when tea was transported on horse caravans from the village of Pu Erh in Southwest China. Puerh is made from a variety of old wild tea leaves called "broad leaf", grown in the pristine Yunnan Mountains. Puerh undergoes a secret process of fermentation, then is ripened and aged for months to several years. The result is a uniquely bold and earthy flavor which is rich in beneficial microbes.
Why So Vital? Puerh contains polyphenols, Statin, Catechins, Antioxidants and Propiotics, which support its soothing and healing effects. This ancient healer is know to rejuvenate and promote life energy, referred to in Asian cultures as "Qi".
The process of making Puerh can take months, years or even decades to reach fruition - the best teas are so highly prized that a single cake can cost thousands of dollars!
The Purest Tea on the Planet
Numi: A Journey of Imagination begins with a cup of tea and a quiet moment....
The Purest tea on the Planet:
- Selecting premium, full leaf teas - never tea dust - to ensure smooth, soothing flavors that nurture your health.
- Using 100% real ingredients - fruits, flowers & spices - to create an authentic, natural taste.
- We don't believe in the common practice of adding oils & "natural" flavorings to create flavor.
- Supporting our CommuniTEA by sourcing certified organic teas & herbs directly from the farmers.
- Conscientiously creating partnerships that improve the quality of life from farmer to packer.
- Using eco-friendly packaging: The carton is made of 85% post-consumer waste, printed with soy based inks and the tea bags themselves are biodegradable
USDA Organic / Certified Organic by QAI
Packed in the USA