Acid Reducer + Antiacid
- Reduces & Neutralizes Acid
- Works with Just One Tablet
- Contains Calcium
- Helps Relieve Heartburn Due to Acid Indigestion
25 ~ Berry Blend Flavored Chewable Tablets.
The benefits of a chewable antacid + Acid Control of Pepcid AC = A single tablet that both reduces and neutralizes acid.
A Non-Prescription Stomach Medicine - Pepcid Complete combines an acid reducer (famotidine) with antacids (calcium carbonate and magnesium hydroxide) to relieve heartburn in two different ways:
- Acid reducers decrease the production of new stomach acid.
- Antacids neutralize acid that is already in the stomach.
The active ingredients in Pepcid Complete have been used for years to treat acid-related problems in millions of people safely and effectively.
Just 1 tablet relieves heartburn due to acid indigestion.
Excess Acid: A Burning Problem - It is normal for the stomach to produce acid, especially after consuming food and beverages. However, acid in the stomach may move up into the wrong place (the esophagus), causing burning pain and discomfort that interfere with everyday activities.
Heartburn - Caused by acid in the esophagus.
- Burning pain/discomfort in esophagus.
- A valve-like muscle called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is relaxed in an open position.
- Acid moves up from stomach.
Tips for Managing Heartburn.
- Do not lie flat or bend over soon after eating.
- Do not eat late at night, or just before bedtime.
- Certain foods or drinks are more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fatty, and fired foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, and even some fruits and vegetables.
- Eat slowly and do not eat big meals.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- If you smoke, quit smoking.
- Raise the head of your bed.
- Wear loose fitting clothing around your stomach.
Proven effective in Clinical Studies: In clinical studies, Pepcid Complete was significantly better than placebo pills in relieving heartburn.
Onset of Relief - Percent of heartburn episodes relieved within 30 minutes.
- 45% Pepcid Complete.
- 33% Placebo.
- 38 % Famotidine.
- 41% Antacid.
Duration of Relief - Percent of heartburn episodes relieved for at least 7 hours.
- 70% Pepcid Complete.
- 59% Placebo.
- 68% Famotidine.
- 61% Antacid.