Shopping by Hair Type and Texture
To find the most effective salon shampoo for you, consider your hair type and texture. Salon hair care brands develop shampoos to meet specific needs, allowing the formulas to provide extra benefits while they cleanse.
· Clarifying shampoos eliminate buildup and are perfect for people with oily scalps.
· Moisturizing shampoos hydrate to soften and strengthen dry hair.
· Curl defining shampoos make it easier to manage curls and waves and make textured hair less likely to become frizzy.
· Smoothing and frizz control shampoos
offer similar frizz-fighting benefits for people with straight hair.
· For fine hair, try volumizing shampoos, which wash in body for fuller hairstyles.
· Thickening shampoos widen the size of the strands to make thin hair look thicker.
The links at the left will help you shop for salon shampoo by hair type and texture.
Solutions for Delicate and Damaged Hair
If your hair is fragile or has become dry or damaged, you can purchase specialty salon shampoos.
· Sulfate-free formulas cleanse with extra-gentle surfactants that are perfect for sensitive scalps and very fine or otherwise delicate hair.
· To address damage while you wash, you can choose damage repair shampoos.
· Color safe shampoos
are available to protect chemically treated hair and prolong the life of the results you get from at-home or salon hair color.
A Complete Salon Regimen
To enhance the benefits of salon shampoo, you can use a salon conditioner after you've lathered and rinsed. Most professional hair care brands formulate conditioners to complement the actions of each of their salon shampoos, and you can purchase an array of salon conditioners here at drugstore.com to complete your daily regimen.
back to top »