Please Note: There will be a $150 re-stocking fee on all returns of this item.
Used to treat victims of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), who are not responsive and not breathing normally. If in doubt apply the pads. Treats the most common cause of SCA by delivering a shock to the heart. Use HeartStart and CPR, as needed, until emergency professionals arrive.
- Easy To Use - Guides you with interactive voice prompts
- Safe - Delivers a shock only if needed
- Reliable - Runs daily self-tests for readiness
Important: With sudden cardiac arrest, every minute counts. Make sure your HeartStart Home Defibrillator is set up and ready for use in an emergency.
- "Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator (an automated external defibrillator or AED)"
- Red carry case with 911/EMS card
- Adult SMART Pads cartridge (lasts 2 years)**
- Battery (lasts 4 years)***
- Training video
- 5-year warranty
Facts you need to know about adult SCA:
- For the best chance of survival, a defibrillator should be applied within 5 minutes.
- Less than 5% of SCA victims survive. This is largely because defibrillators don't reach them in time.
- Nearly 80% of all SCA's occur at home.
HeartStart user considerations:
- You cannot use the HeartStart to treat yourself.
- Users may need to perform CPR.
- Responding to cardiac arrest may require you to kneel.
- Voice instructions and enclosed materials are in English*.
- HeartStart provides audible and visible indicators if the device requires maintenance.
If you have concerns about your health or an existing medical condition, talk to your doctor. A defibrillator is not a replacement for seeking medical advice.
Who should own a HeartStart?
Anyone who wants to be prepared.
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is a leading cause of death in the U.S. The majority of victims have no previously recognized symptoms of heart disease - SCA typically strikes without warning.
A defibrillator will not save every SCA victim, but more lives could be saved if victims were reached more quickly.
American Red Cross
The vision of the American Red Cross is that at least one person in every household be trained in life-saving first aid, CPR, and defibrillator use, and that every American be within 4 minutes of a defibrillator.
*Contact Philips for information about other languages. 1-866-333-4246
**Infant/Child SMART Pads cartridge sold separately by prescription only. Talk to your doctor. 1-866-333-4246
*** Please note the date found on the battery is the "install by" date, once installed the battery has a four (4) year lifespan