Finding the Perfect Form
Moisturizers that are formulated to hydrate the skin on the body are made in a variety of forms, including balms, lotions, creams, oils and butters. The type that is right for you will vary based on your personal preferences and your skin type.
- Lotions are the lightest moisturizing options and are ideal for normal to oily skin.
- Balms are slightly thicker and often contain therapeutic ingredients that address dermatological concerns.
- Creams contain more oil than lotions and balms, making them suitable for normal to dry skin.
- Body butters have a higher oil content as well, but they are enriched with waxes that help to seal moisture into the skin. The wax gives the butters a thicker consistency than a cream.
- Oils are the heaviest moisturizing options. Typically, oils are used for very dry skin or for spot treating very dry areas.
You can use the links at the left to shop specifically for balms, lotions, creams, body butters or oils.
Lotions for Special Concerns
Some body lotions provide other benefits while moisturizing the skin.
- Anti-cellulite products help to minimize dimpled, orange peel skin.
- Scar therapy products can be used to make raised or discolored scars less visible, and firming products can help to improve skin elasticity.
- Lotions formulated for stretch mark care can enhance skin texture and tone or minimize stretch marks during pregnancy or periods of weight gain.
- With shave minimizing lotions, you can slow the rate of hair growth on the legs, underarms and on other parts of your body so that you don't have to shave or use a depilatory as frequently.
- You can also find therapeutic products that can help you manage symptoms of skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Specialty products are offered for hand and foot care as well. To quickly find the perfect body lotion for addressing your specific skin care concerns, you can use the menu on the left.
back to top »