For vaginal use only. Not for rectal (anal) use.
Toxic Shock Syndrome: Some cases of Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) have been reported in women using barrier contraceptives, including the sponge. TSS is a rare, but serious disease that may cause death. Warning signs of TSS include fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle pain, dizziness, faintness, or a sunburn-like rash on face or body. If you have any of these signs, remove the sponge and get medical help right away.
Allergy Alert: This product contains sodium metabisulfite which may cause severe allergic reactions in some people. Do not use if you are allergic to sulfites. Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to nonoxynol 9 or to this product.
Sexually transmitted diseases alert: This product does not protect against the AIDS virus (HIV) or other STDs.
Do not use: within the first six weeks after giving birth, if you have had Toxic Shock Syndrome or during your menstrual period. Ask a doctor before use if you have recently had a miscarriage or an abortion. Been told that you should not become pregnant, a vaginal or uterine condition, such as vaginal septum or uterine prolapse, which may keep the product from working, or a new partner, multiple sex partners, or unprotected sex. Frequent use (more than once a day) of this product can increase vaginal irritation, which may increase the risk of getting the AIDS virus (HIV) or other STDs from infected partners. Ask a doctor or health professional for your best birth control method.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you or your partner get burning, itching, a rash or other irritation of the vagina or penis. You or your partner have difficult or painful urination, you get abdominal pain, fever, chills, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge or if you become pregnant.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.