Do not use if you have
- liver or kidney problems
- allergies to food, preservatives or dyes
- had a hypersensitive reaction to phenazopyridine hydrochloride
When using this product
- stomach upset may occur; taking this product with or after meals may reduce stomach upset
- you may experience a reddish-orange discoloration of the urine which is a non-harmful temporary effect
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking other medications.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your symptoms do not go away after two days or become worse
- you experience fever, chills, back pain or bloody urine
- you suspect you are having an adverse reaction to this medication
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Precaution: Carcinogenesis: Long-term administration of phenazopyridine HCl has induced neoplasia in rats (large intestine) and mice (liver). Although no association between phenazopyridine HCl and human neoplasia has been reported, adequate epidemiological studies along these lines have not been conducted.
Contents sealed: Each UriCalm dark red colored, round shaped tablet bears the identifying mark "ALVA" and a "1" on the reverse side, and is sealed in a clear plastic blister with foil backing. Do not use if seal appears broken or if product contents do not match product description. This product may stain soft contact lenses. This product can interfere with laboratory tests including urine, glucose (sugar) and ketones.