The famous giraffe `Sophie’, who has been part of babies’ lives for more than 40 years.
Slender, flexible, and soft, baby can squeeze and chew her in complete safety. Made of 100% Natural Rubber (phthalates Free) and food paint. Lovable and amusing, she makes a happy sound when her body is squeezed: Stimulate baby's hearing and helps him to understand the link between cause and effect. She is perfect for soothing Baby's sore gums when teething.
- In natural rubber
- Height: 7 inches or 18 cm.
- BPA, Phthalates Free
The Story of Sophie the Giraffe
Once Upon a time, a simple story�.
The Little giraffe was born on the 25th of May in the year 1961�St Sophie’s day! In those days, the only animal toys available were farm animal or pet figures.. That is why one day in France, a certain Monsieur RAMPEAU, who was an expert in transforming sap from the HEVEA tree using the rotational molding of rubber as a toy-making concept, came up with the idea of designing a giraffe.
Such an exotic wildlife figure would be a first on the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for a baby’s small hands to grasp. Sophie the Giraffe, who looked exactly the same then as she does today, went into production on a Thursday, May 25th, whence her name. She was an immediate success.
Young mothers straightaway saw that she was a must for their children when the first signs of teething appear, Sophie the Giraffe helps baby stop crying!By simple word of mouth, the little Giraffe’s fame spread.From then on in Europe, generation upon generation of children were to love hearing Sophie squeak whenever they pressed her tummy and head!Vulli, a company based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie Region of France has continued to keep the jealously-guarded secret of how this wonder toy is made.SOPHIE is still "traditionally" produced to this day, a process that involves more than 14 manual operations. She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree.
Why is Sophie such a huge success? Sophie the Giraffe is BABYS FIRST TOY, stimulating EACH OF HIS SENSES from the age of 3 months:
- Sight: At the age of 3 months, a baby’s eyesight is still limited and he can only make out high contrasts. The Dark and contrasting attention-catching spots all over Sophie the Giraffe’s body provide visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object for baby.
- Hearing: Sophie’s the Giraffe squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates his hearing. To begin with, the funny sound Sophie makes when she is squeezed helps to stimulate baby’s hearing, and then later, helps him to understand the link between cause and effect.
- Taste: A Sophie the Giraffe is made of 100% natural rubber and food paint, and is completely safe to chew, just like a feeding bottle teat. Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs), make her perfect for soothing baby’s sore gums during teething.
- Touch: Touch is the first means a baby has of communicating with the outside world. Sophie the Giraffe’s soft feel, like baby’s mother’s skin, stimulates physiological and emotional response that soothe baby and promote healthy growth and well-being..
- Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber from the Hevea tree makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys.
- Easy to grip: Sophie the Giraffe’s shape and 18 cm (7 inches) size are perfect for baby’s small hands. She is very light, and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip, even from his earliest days.
Still the same, even after more than 46 years-
She hasn’t dated in the slightest..
More than 30 million Sophies have been sold-
She is an undisputed star for the very young-The archetypal embodiment of the early learning toy,
Sophie the Giraffe is a must-have who enjoys widespread popularity and is genuinely loved by every parent and child. Sophie the Giraffe has become timeless and cross-generational..YOUR BABY NEEDS HER!
A Few Words About Vulli
Vulli was founded in 1946 and over the years has become well-known all over the world as a specialist in the field of nursery items for babies up to 6 months.
Stocked by all baby-supplies specialists and large scale distributors, Vulli’s products around 250 items- enjoy an excellent reputation amongst professionals as well as consumers.
Baby grows up with Vulli!
Unique and special moments, the first months of a baby’s life are a time of mutual discovery and happiness shared with its parents.
Vulli offers products which will help your child to develop: nursery items and Babies’ toys suited to each stage of his/her development like Sophie the Giraffe.
Made in France