Walgreens Wal-Flu Severe Cold & Cough Liquid, Nighttime, Cherry 8.3 oz
|Failure to follow the drug facts warnings could result in serious consequences.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- More than 4 doses (8 tablespoonfuls or 120 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- To make a child sleepy
- If you are on a sodium-restricted diet
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Thyroid disease
- High blood pressure
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- Cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
When using this product
- Sedatives or tranquilizers
- The blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all other drugs out of reach of children.
- Redness or swelling is present
- You get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- New symptoms occur
- Sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) could cause serious health problems, including liver damage. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical condition is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms..