Walgreens Wal-Phed PE Severe Cold Caplets 24 ea
Temporarily relieves these symptoms of the common cold: Runny nose, sneezing, headache, minor aches and pains, nasal congestion, cough, sore throat. Temporarily reduces fever.
|Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if:
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- Adult takes more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- Child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours
- Taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- Adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if the user has
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- With any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the user is
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A cough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
- A persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
When using this product
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms..