Video | Audio | Alerts | Anywhere
- Wi-Fi capability
- Compatible with a range of devices including Mac, PC & Android-powered devices
- Supports 3G and 4G networking
- Night vision capability of up to 20 feet
- High quality audio & visual output, with less static because it uses your home's Wi-Fi network rather than the traditional radio signals
- Secure communication using password protection
- Nanny cam or security cam functionality
- Quickstart guide for setup but can also access support on phone or via online
- MicroSD card slot to support expanded memory for recording
- White noise elimination with the microphone
Like the Withings Smart Baby Monitor, the WiFi Baby 2.0 Baby is the other monitor that supports remote connectivity via 3G/4G or Wi-Fi. This means that the device can stream video and sound signals using your home Wi-Fi. In addition, you can also 'stay in touch' when away from home via a 3G/4G Internet on a range of devices as the unit is compatible with iOS 6.0 for iPhone and iPad, Windows 8, OSX Mountain Lion, and Android 4.1. But it's not all rosy as I write it here: Setting up the unit is not the easiest task and many users have to request support via email or phone to set it up.
If found the online support excellent, with patient, knowledgeable, and talented staff. The whole process can take up a whole 20 minutes but you'll be glad you contacted support.
The 2013 WiFi Baby 2.0 baby monitor comes with a brand new chip set capable of 2X speed and 5X Wi-Fi range. You'll be able to record high quality video clips courtesy of the built-in DVR: You can play the videos on any compatible device. You can record up to a distance of 20 feet at night, thanks to the 30 LED lights that make this a simple and easy task.
What I found extremely powerful with the WiFi Baby 2.0 Baby monitor is its visual and audio capability. The picture is one of the clearest for a baby monitor, of course depending on the receiver device you're using: My iPhone 4S gives a bright, clear image although there is a slight delay, which is, anyway, expected on a baby monitor.
Overall, if you want a baby monitor that does everything a baby monitor ought to do, you should seriously consider this unit. It features some impressive features and is evidently technologically more advanced than many current models out there on the market. The audio and visual quality is superior as there's less static. In brief, if you're looking for a no-frills baby monitor with advanced technology and flexible phone compatibility, pick this unit.
Made in China
Please Note: This item has been built to U.S. electronics specifications and may need additional modifications or converters to be used in countries other than the U.S. and Canada.